https://burnsfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/garden.jpg 1152 2048 Robin https://burnsfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Logo-big-300x112.jpg Robin2020-02-04 12:49:362020-02-12 11:36:06Garden and Landscape Projects to Complete in February
- Prune fruit trees, blueberries, and roses before bud break.
- Apply dormant spray treatment to fruit trees, berries, grapes, roses, and other trees and shrubs in the landscape before bud break.
- Clean-up winter windfall, leaf litter, weeds, or other debris left in the yard or garden from last season. Put debris in a compost pile.
- Start a compost pile if you don’t already have one.
- Put Mason Bee nesters in or around your garden and fruit trees. Give nesters western or southern exposure to the sun, if possible.
- Place Mason Bee cocoons in nesters or other small cavities, or holes in trees, posts, or other surfaces.
- Apply lime to the lawn, if not completed last fall.
- Treat flower and shrub beds, walkways, driveways, or other open areas where weeds grow readily with Pre-Emergent herbicides to prevent weed growth in spring. Common Pre-Emergents that are available are: Casoron, Hi-Yield Herbicide Granules, Snapshot, Treflan, Weed Impede, and many others.
- Begin treating for moss on hard surfaces such as concrete walkways and asphalt driveways. Apply moss killer to flower/ shrub beds once winter clean-up is completed. Treat lawns for moss in March and April.