The Big Game Grilling ideas
Here at Burns Feed Store we like to be creative when it comes to smoking or grilling on the Traeger, like bacon wrapped dill pickles to smoked spam hash for breakfast. Sounds amazing right. So here are a couple ideas for your “Big game” party’s for either fan that attends your neighborhood bash.
Smoked New England Clam Chowder
8 – 12
This steaming pot of authentic “chowda” will win a blue ribbon at any potluck gathering.
• 4 CANS CLAMS, CHOPPED
• 2 CUPS HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
• 3 TBSP. BUTTER
• 6 SLICES BACON, CUT CROSSWISE INTO 1/4″ PIECES
• 1 LARGE ONION
• 2 STALKS CELERY, DICED
• AS NEEDED COARSE SALT
• AS NEEDED BLACK PEPPER, FRESHLY GROUND
• 1/3 CUP ALL- PURPOSE FLOUR
• 1 TBSP. FRESH THYME, CHOPPED
• 2 BAY LEAVES
• 1 LB. RUSSET POTATOES, PEELED, AND DICED
• 2 CUPS BOTTLED CLAM JUICE
• 2 TBSP. PARSLEY, FINELY CHOPPED
• OPTIONAL INSTANT MASHED POTATO FLAKES
• FOR SERVING OYSTER CRACKERS
• FOR SERVING HOT SAUCE PREPARATION
• Drain clams but reserve juice; set juice aside.
• When ready to cook, start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes).
• Chop the clams, if they are not already chopped, and spread in a single layer in a disposable foil pan or deep baking dish. Set the clams on the grill grate and smoke the clams for 30 minutes.
• Add the cream and 1 cup of the reserved clam juice to the pan; Smoke for an additional 30 minutes. Set aside.
• Increase the temperature of the Traeger to 325 degrees. Put the butter and bacon in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook until the butter is melted and the bacon has begun to sizzle and render its fat.
• Stir in the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Don’t forget that the bacon will also add its own saltiness.)
• Stir in the flour and cook for 5 to 8 minutes; do not let the flour brown.
• Add the potatoes, bottled clam juice, bay leaves, and fresh thyme. Allow the mixture to come to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. (The potatoes will take 12 to 15 minutes to cook once the liquid boils.)
• Stir in the smoked clam and cream mixture and simmer for 5 minutes. If the chowder is too thin, stir in a small amount of instant mashed potato flakes. If it is too thick, add more clam juice until the right consistency is achieved.
• Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Before serving, pull out the bay leaves and any thyme stems and stir in the parsley. Finish with oyster crackers and hot sauce. Enjoy!
Here is another Great recipe for your other Fans in the house to smoke on the Traeger
Traeger Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
• PREP TIME15 MINS
• COOK TIME10 MINS
• SERVES6 – 8
• HARDWOOD PECAN
A Traeger Philly Cheese Steak is the ‘extreme sports’ of sandwiches. Transport your family straight to Philly when you serve this all-star meal. With thin-sliced beef, onions, and peppers smothered in melted cheese, Ii’s a guaranteed grand slam.
• 1 LB. RIB-EYE STEAK, SLICED THIN
• 8 SLICES AMERICAN CHEESE, SLICED IN HALF DIAGONALLY
• 1 TBSP. CANOLA OIL
• 1 MEDIUM ONION, THINLY SLICED
• 1 SMALL GREEN PEPPER, THINLY SLICED
• 1 TBSP. TRAEGER PRIME RIB RUB
• 1 DOZEN MINI ROLLS
When ready to cook, start your Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to High (450F) and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Place a cast iron griddle or skillet on the Traeger and preheat an additional 15 minutes. Once the griddle is hot, pour in the canola oil and sauté the onions and peppers until they are translucent. Add the sliced rib-eye to the griddle, season with Prime Rib Rub, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until medium.
Slice mini rolls in half and place on the grill, cut side down for 3-4 minutes, or until toasty. Put a small amount of the steak mixture inside each roll and top with a slice of cheese. Enjoy!
For the neutral fan here is Burns Feed Stores favorite Big game recipe for Smoked wings
• PREP TIME10 MINS
• COOK TIME50 MINS
• SERVES6 – 8
• HARDWOOD CHERRY
Don’t go out for wing night with the boys, start your Traegers & smoke the competition with our spicy homemade chicken wings. INGREDIENTS
• 24 WINGS (SECTIONED)
• 12 OZ ITALIAN DRESSING
• 3 OZ TRAEGER CHICKEN RUB
• 8 OZ TRAEGER CHILI BARBECUE SAUCE
Wash all wings and place into resealable bag.
Add Italian Dressing to the resealable bag containing the wings. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 6-12 hours.
When ready to prepare, remove wings from the resalable bag.
Season all sides of the wings with Traeger Chicken Rub.
When ready to cook, start your Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes).
Set the temperature to 225 degrees F and preheat, lid closed (10-15 minutes).
15 minutes after applying seasoning, put wings on the Traeger.
Cook wings to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Remove the wings and toss in Chili Barbecue Sauce.
Move the Traeger temperature up to 375 degrees.
Once at temperature, place the wings on the Traeger and sear both sides.
Remove the wings from the smoker and let rest for 5 minutes.
Serve with your favorite side wing dressing or sauce.
Hope you enjoyed the Traeger Master tips for your party and Traeger on from all of here at Burns Feed Store!
Traeger Master Troy