If you aren’t already a die hard Traegerite, tis’ the season to put your Traeger to the test. Fire it up, even in the winter! Here are some winter grilling tips.
* Protect your Traeger from the elements while not in use with a grill cover.
* Clear off your grill, having snow or ice on the grill when cooking will only inhibit the heat from being conserved, snow isn’t insulation.
* In the winter, the grill may take longer to heat up. Keep your grill closed as much as possible to help conserve heat.
* Pellet fuels burn much quicker in temperatures below 35 degrees. You can use an insulation blanket cover to conserve pellet consumption.
* Meats might take longer to cook in colder temperatures, use a remote probe thermometer to make sure your meats are at a safe temperature to eat before you remove them.
* Winter weather is perfect for cold smoking; the outside cold helps keep a cooler smoke temperature to get the hardwood smoke flavor to permeate the food.
* Wake up early, throw some bacon on the Traeger, go for a walk then come back for a protein packed bomb breakfast side…or lunch, or dinner, or all 😊
You can purchase all of these supplies at Burns Feed Store
Happy winter grilling